Sunday, October 24, 2010

The value of simplicity

Today I figured that, not for nothing have great souls stressed the value of simplicity.
There is something almost divine in living with the elements of nature, to enjoy walks in warm sunshine and cool winds, eat simple wholesome food, work well and sleep well without undue stress on any one task( for instance, modern life places extraordinary stress on work).
After years of living a stressful life which culminated in four horrifying months of distress and dissatisfaction, I was at my wit's end trying to find a solution. Then, fate placed me in a situation which consisted of cooking three simple meals a day and spending the rest of my time, walking and working out, reading and writing, napping in the afternoon, moonlight walks on the rooftop and lazily reading late into the night.
In the beginning, I was bored and then it felt blissful. My thoughts cleared and I began a feel a sense of well being creep into my system.
It got to a point where I became increasingly resentful of anything that altered this schedule of mine as it felt too good to let go.
In my case, wanting to hang on to this too long would result in living in a limbo. So, I need to figure a way to experience the same feeling of simple well being when I return to my normal life!
Can I do that I wonder?! 

No comments: