Saturday, February 12, 2011

What happens to a dream deferred?

Today I happened to read the poem "Dream Deferred" by Langston Hughes. http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/dream-deferred/
This took me back to one of my earlier posts about the need for a dream in every person's life. As we grow older, wiser, more experienced and travel weary of life, the one sure way to hang on to a semblance of youthful enthusiasm is to have a dream. There is a dream in every heart, even if almost forgotten while battling the daily stressors of modern life.
What happens if this dream remains forgotten? I would rather not find out!

1 comment:

coolerNights said...

Interesting blog! I think nothing would be happen when our Dreams are forgotten, because if one way gets closed God open hundred ways. Thanks for sharing.